I had a grand year reading Contemporary Romance. Just grand.
These are my top Contemporary Romance reads that were published in 2016. There is a tie for 10th (though my lists are usually not in any order) as some crazy wonderful writers managed to publish more than one excellent Contemporary Romance this year.
I love it. But now I am on a budget! Lots of sports romance, nerds, laughter, and sexy here.
Please let me know if you loved any of these books and if I missed your favorite!
4. Bittersweet by Sarina Bowen I couldn’t get enough of farming. Bowen writes amazing characters and the spark between them is devine. This is a great world being built in Vermont with dark and light and gray. The cast of characters is this series is the very best. 5 Stars.
5. The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata Gah. Zapata is queen of the slow burn. The ruler. I adore it so hard. Friendship develops and passion. So very good. Yeah, more football and a working class heroine. Good stuff. 4 Stars
6. Hold Me (Cyclone, #2) by Courtney Milan I like big brains and I can not lie. Wicked smart hero and heroine. There is a lot of snark in this one but all the little nerdy details make it a winner plus a multiracial cast and sexual diversity as well. 4 Stars.
9. First Star I See Tonight (Chicago Stars, #8) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips While the hero is an recently retired football star, the really star here is the private eye heroine. They are both uber grumpy. It is zany fun.
10. So, yeah. All the great books–